It was whilst I was immersed in the jovial banter and ambient lighting that conversation steered towards the finer points of social media and it here that the challenged was laid; to increase my social media followers by 1,000 within four weeks.
Intrigued and curious to see whether I could, or how I could master this challenge, I flippantly — and with much bravado — declared, “1,000? Is that’s all?” before scratching my head and starting the process of connecting the links necessary to formulate a strategy.
All I knew at the time was that the challenge was set, there were clear and measurable goals, and that all the tools I needed were already on my plate so it was without much ado, I set forth to achieve the complete the challenge of increasing my followers by 1,000 within four weeks.
The scope of this experiment was so wide that I needed to define some parameters for my modus operandi. They are as follows:
- In true spreading-the-love-fashion, this challenge was conducted over four key projects:
- Stories of Our Journeys: Inspiring stories of adversity over hardship.
- WordCast: The blogging ecosystem that bloggers can immerse themselves into.
- Verona: Audio-soundscapes created upon the ideas of freshness and ambience upon a framework of electro pop
- Kym Huynh: My personal blog.
- The experiment ran for approximately five weeks.
- The experiment covered the use of Facebook and Twitter only.
- The use of ethical/white-hat strategies were the only methods permitted.
- No public lashings or public humiliation would result from not achieving the goal of 1,000 followers.