“We spent a year working on [Emma & Tom’s], did everything and spent all this money, and the only bottler we had identified who could do it said, “We can’t do it.” So Tom and I got into a car, drove up and saw them, and said, “You have to do it.” You work out a way around it. Being in business, the thing I’ve learnt is that there is always a way and it’s the job of the business owner to drive it forward.” — Emma Welsh
“My motivation to have my own business is freedom. I worked for big corporates and I understood the value, the power, and the entrée that you got [if you worked for one]… it’s pretty good. But I just really love freedom. I don’t like the feeling that someone is wondering where I am. That’s what really drove me to want to be my own boss and to have my own business.” — Emma Welsh
Subscribe to show
Show brought to you by
Masters Series is presented by WeTeachMe.
Our content partners: Written & Recorded.
The views expressed by the contributors on this show are linked websites are not necessarily endorsed by the publisher.
Question of the day
What was your favourite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
Stay in Touch With Me
- Instagram, My favourite place. Quotes, stories, and my daily life
- YouTube, Episodes from people I interview
- Facebook, Stay up to date on everything I do
- Twitter, The most direct and personal way to reach me for 1–1 conversations
- LinkedIn, My business profile
- Medium, Where I share my thoughts in detail
- Podcast, Perfect for your commute